TRANSPONDER ON TEST!
The KiwiSAT is "on air" from the Clean Room at Massey University in Albany while the engineering team continue with software development. VNC link has been established for the testing of the control software with data available on the engineering beacon. All modes are being exercised as the satellite nears its final launch status.
* Transponder: Inverting type (Orbital Doppler shift compensation)
* Transmit Power: 2 Watts PEP.
* Beacon frequency: 145.885 MHz
* Uplink: (U-Band) 435.265 to 435.235 MHZ LSB or
* Uplink: (L-Band) 1268.880 to 1268.850 MHz LSB
* Down link: 145.850 to 145.880 MHz USB
Note: A trial transmission on 435.2544 LSB comes out at 145.860 USB
Being a linear transponder 30kHz wide, any mode can be used. FM is discouraged (but not banned). Amateur stations are encouraged to try out the transponder.
Reports welcome to < zl3ql(at)amsat.org >